Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fatal 4 Way Predictions

It's been a wild couple of weeks in WWE. Had it not been for the NXT Invasion, I'd probably say the build for this PPV has been pretty lackluster. But they've given us every indication that they are no longer going to give us the same old-same old. I hope that they are indeed ushering in a new era of WWE and Fatal Four Way will be a part of that.

Now, according to WWE.com, there are only 5 matches for Sunday. Maybe they are giving more time for the NXT angle to play out on PPV(I certainly would hope so), but I'm sure another match or two will be added before show time. I will go with what is listed for now.

Divas Championship - Fatal 4 Way Match: Eve(c) vs. Gail Kim vs. Maryse vs. Alicia Fox
I really don't think Eve is good enough to be champion, but that means absolutely nothing to WWE. It's a crime that Gail Kim has not sniffed a title yet as she may be the best woman wrestler on the roster. I'll go with Maryse though since she is the heel.
The Pick: Maryse wins

US Title - R-Truth vs. The Miz(c)
Truth did very little for me as US Champ. I thought he should have had a run last year when he was starting to build steam. His recent win just seemed random and uneventful. Plus I was hoping, as many were, that Miz would eventually drop the title to the now future-endeavored Daniel Bryan. At any rate, Miz is great with any title so I say they will keep it on him and make it a bigger deal when Truth or even someone else eventually beats him.
The Pick: Miz retains

IC Title - Kofi Kingston(c) vs. Drew McIntyre
This one is tough for me because I don't believe the rumors that WWE has soured on McIntyre. If McMahon likes someone, he likes someone. I still think Drew will be pushed. That doesn't necessarily mean he will go over here though. If he loses they could move him to RAW as had been speculated and he could move on to bigger programs. I still think McIntyre wins though as Kofi has been made to look better. And he is small, so obviously that needs to change... sigh.
The Pick: Drew McIntyre wins

World Heavyweight Championship - Fatal 4 Way - Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Jack Swagger(c) vs. CM Punk
I think this one is pretty obvious, which again means nothing. I can't see them giving either of the faces, Mysterio or Big Show, the title especially since Mysterio was supposed to be taking time off. A Punk win would surprise me too being that they would be trading a heel champ for a heel champ. Swagger is getting there, but he's not completely over yet. The smartest move would be to have him continue to retain. It's still too early in my eyes for him to drop the title.
The Pick: Jack Swagger retains

WWE Championship - Fatal 4 Way - John Cena(c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Sheamus
This could go a number of ways. I'd never say Cena has no chance to retain. He's still the face of the company and going forward with the NXT Invasion, it wouldn't be illogical to have the WWE championship involved. Still, it would make sense to have the title off of Cena, as Cena vs. NXT is still appealing without the title involved. Then the title could be used to make another feud more important. Now if the winds of change are blowing, you'd think that Sheamus would be the one to come out on top. He may be a former champ, but he's still only been in WWE for a year now. Sheamus winning makes a lot of sense because it gives them the opportunity to have Triple H come back and win it from him at Summerslam for the bizillionth time. The only thing that holds me back is that I wouldn't know where Orton and Edge fall after this. Do they just join up with Cena? I can't call it, so I could still see one of them winning, though I think Orton should be kept away from the title until next Wrestlemania. I'll go with my gut and say Sheamus wins with some NXT involvement.
The Pick: Sheamus wins

I will be attending this event live, so I fully intend to do a detailed review. Time is money though, so we shall see. I can honestly say I am more excited about seeing where the NXT angle goes than any of the matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment